What You'll Need
Obviously you’re going to need some big fat zucchinis. These were given to me and that’s where I got the idea to make these.
The Following Makes 2 Servings
Time: 30 min
Preparation: 10 min
- Depending on the size of your family you might need 1 to 3 zucchinis.
- 1/2 a packet of Soyrizo ( I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
- And a packet of vegan cheese (I got mine from Whole Foods)
- One cup of cooked black beans
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- Cilantro to garnish
- And a medium sized pot you’re going to add the soyrizo, black beans, the chopped red bell pepper, and red onion.
- You’re going to cook that for about 15 minutes
- While that is cooking you’re going to prepare the zucchini by splitting it in half, length wise.
- Then you can use a spoon to scoop the inside of the zucchini and make it hollow
- Turn your oven on to 350
- Once this Soyrizo mix has been cooked you’re going to add it to the zucchini
- Now, if you’d like you can add the cheese on top and place it in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
How to Enjoy
- Once the zucchini boats are done cooking, I like to cut them in slices as if you were cutting slices of sushi and then eat them as if they were tacos.
- These pair of really nicely with a margarita or a lemonade
- Avocado and hot sauce are great add ons
You can add the Soyrizo mix to the zucchini and cook all together in the oven for 30 min